Eummena is established to increase awareness, advance, transfer and exchange practices on the use of standards and expertise around learning technologies and digital media between the EU and the neighboring Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) cultures. Activities in EUMMENA focus include:
• Setup and manage projects that help increase awareness, advance and exchange practices on the use of standards and expertise around learning technologies and digital media (learning resources) repositories between Europe and the neighbouring Mediterranean, Middle East and North Africa (MENA) cultures.
• Adapt and apply results of EU standards, repositories, portals, applications and services to the needs and cultures of users in the MENA region.
• Provide consultancy and professional support towards the exchange of open (learning) educational objects and other related resources (like metadata) across learning systems and repositories in EU and the MENA countries.
• Provide training and seminars on latest technologies and services in the domain.
• Facilitate collaboration, networking and mobility between practitioners and researchers in the domain.